    SubjectRe: knfsd and submounts
    According to Dominik Kubla:
    > Hmm, let's see. Configure.help says:
    >
    > Emulate Sun NFS daemon
    > CONFIG_NFSD_SUN
    > If you would like for the server to allow clients to access
    > directories that are mount points on the local filesystem (this is
    > how nfsd behaves on Sun systems), say yes here. If unsure, say N.
    >
    > Ah, I see! That's the equivalent to unfsd's "--re-export" option, right?

    No, I don't think so ..

    Say you have /usr/fnord on your root filesystem. Then, /usr gets mounted
    and /usr/fnord dissapears. When you export / over NFS, /usr is not exported.
    Do you now get to see /usr/fnord on the NFS client, or not? _That_ is
    what the option CONFIG_NFSD_SUN does, at least if I'm understanding
    things correctly.

    > So the only way to export say a multigigabyte FTP server without to much
    > hassle is to put the filesystem on a software RAID or LVM. (Which i had
    > so i did not experience that particular problem in the first place.)
    > That's suboptimal.

    Yup..

    Mike.
    --
    Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers.