    Subjectdirect (unbufferd) disk access
    Hello List

    How can I get the kernel to read/write some data immediately to disk without
    caching it in the kernel memory.

    I like to access one harddrive with two motherboards and like to have a shared
    partition that will be writen to by one motherboard and read by an other
    motherboard - but Linux seems to prevent that.

    I don't like to mount any partition (because of the filesystem check warnings)
    and will instead write raw data with "dd".
    Oh, and I don't like to flush ALL buffers, because this computer will be a
    redunant web-server that strongly needs buffers (for this reasons AFAIK I
    can't use flushb and sync).

    thank you for any help or redirections to other lists/newsgroups

    Christian Hammers WESTEND GmbH Tel 0241/701333-0 DPN Verbund-Partner Aachen u. Dueren Fax 0241/911879

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.040 / U:12.596 seconds]