Subjectdirect (unbufferd) disk access
Hello List

How can I get the kernel to read/write some data immediately to disk without
caching it in the kernel memory.

I like to access one harddrive with two motherboards and like to have a shared
partition that will be writen to by one motherboard and read by an other
motherboard - but Linux seems to prevent that.

I don't like to mount any partition (because of the filesystem check warnings)
and will instead write raw data with "dd".
Oh, and I don't like to flush ALL buffers, because this computer will be a
redunant web-server that strongly needs buffers (for this reasons AFAIK I
can't use flushb and sync).

thank you for any help or redirections to other lists/newsgroups

Christian Hammers WESTEND GmbH Tel 0241/701333-0 DPN Verbund-Partner Aachen u. Dueren Fax 0241/911879