    SubjectRe: A few questions..... wrote:
    > there is a bunch of tools able to get a html file and to pipe it. but
    > a pipe isnt the same thing that a file.
    > ex: i have a program and his command line requires a list of file
    > and i want one of them as "http://.." or "/http/.." (choose the one
    > you prefer). a pipe cant satify this case.

    the example i gave below includes this possibility. bash provides
    the syntax <(list) which attaches the output of (list) to a named
    pipe and provides that named pipe as the command-line parameter
    of the command.

    > for PUT, write() seems ok.
    > for POST,... i dunno :) what is the purpose of the POST command ?

    well, it's a URL so that URL could be news:// or something else
    that supports the POST operation. i presume we are considering
    any URL, not just "http://..."

    > On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 05:39:26PM +0100, Jan-Simon Pendry wrote:
    > >
    > > use the perl GET command ...
    > >
    > > GET | less
    > >
    > > or use a shell (which is there for a reason)
    > >
    > > diff <(GET <(GET
    > >
    > > a large problem with hiding this functionality inside open() is
    > > that the URL is not the only attribute being sent in the HTTP/1.1
    > > GET request. also, what interface would you provide for PUT and
    > > POST?
    > >
    > > jan-simon.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.022 / U:30.836 seconds]