    SubjectRe: why is the size of a directory always 1024b ?
    :
    :I can also report that on my 4k block systems, I never see directories
    :smaller than 4k in size, but that's (A) expected, and (B) desired.
    :
    :I can understand the viewpoint that says the "size" of a directory is
    :simply a count of the number of valid entries therein, but I don't
    :agree with it.

    and why not? it seems meaningless to see a directory size reported as
    1024 while the actual size may be far below. only the filesystem
    algorithms can make sense out of it. why, then it would make sense to see
    all regular files with sizes multiples of blocksize. can you please
    explain why you desire it that way.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.018 / U:0.416 seconds]