SubjectRe: 2.3.6 TCP stack bug
   Date: 	Tue, 22 Jun 1999 07:20:38 +0200 (CEST)
From: Rik van Riel <riel@nl.linux.org>

Btw, are the net gurus working on improving the worst-case default
behaviour of the Linux networking code?

Actually I think in this case the PPP driver should really hold onto
outgoing packets and keep retrying (with some limit, say 16 attempts,
much like many modern ethernet cards limit collision retries) the send
if character errors/drops are hit, much like ethernet does in hardware
for collisions.

Unfortunately this scheme only works for the side we have control
over, it will not allow better recovery for the cases where the other
end of the PPP link incurs drops/errors.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:1.652 / U:0.424 seconds]