SubjectRe: FENRIS (nwfs) 1.4.2 Source Code Available,
Date
In article <linux.kernel.Pine.GSO.3.96.990622173758.9662H-100000@joni.pasture.net>,
Robert Minichino <linuxkrn@denarius.com> wrote:

>It's this ability to make major architectural changes that differentiates
>free software from commercial software, as the accounting people and the
>marketing people don't have any leverage as to what goes into the OS. It
>allows us to stay "pure" in the technical sense and not full of legacy
>wrappers and useless or over-hyped features. And the one place we REALLY
>do not want legacy interfaces hanging around is the kernel.

Linux hasn't been around long enough for anyone to call _any_ of the
published interfaces ``legacy'' After 15 years, maybe, but certainly
not after 8.

____
david parsons \bi/ At 100k code-bloat per major release, there are many worse
\/ things to worry about than whether it's time to kill
off the stable interfaces

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.115 / U:0.276 seconds]