    SubjectRe: I discussed reading directories as files with jra, Stallman, and loic

    > Ugh, I do think that one should be in a library somewhere.
    > In the specific case of /etc/services, which should be ordered but only
    > service name? The number? Any one of the aliases? IMHO the file doesn't
    > really fit the directory lookup paradigm at all. So why try and force it
    > into one?
    > Matthias Urlichs | noris network GmbH | | ICQ: 20193661

    Uh, the idea of having stuff in /etc work like the old flaky NeXTStep Mach/Unix
    conjures up past nightmares of constant flakiness of using that particular feature.

    Uhg, Text files are good, monkey man scratch... (scratch scratch)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.019 / U:114.996 seconds]