SubjectRe: I discussed reading directories as files with jra, Stallman, and loic

> Ugh, I do think that one should be in a library somewhere.
> In the specific case of /etc/services, which should be ordered but only
> service name? The number? Any one of the aliases? IMHO the file doesn't
> really fit the directory lookup paradigm at all. So why try and force it
> into one?
> Matthias Urlichs | noris network GmbH | | ICQ: 20193661

Uh, the idea of having stuff in /etc work like the old flaky NeXTStep Mach/Unix
conjures up past nightmares of constant flakiness of using that particular feature.

Uhg, Text files are good, monkey man scratch... (scratch scratch)