SubjectRe: I discussed reading directories as files with jra, Stallman, and loic
    Proposed answer: have the concatenation contain separators.  rdf (not
rich document format, but some XML replacement also called rdf) was
suggested by Loic@ceic.com as the standard for the separators.

If you want to support using this feature for existing files, it is a
mistake to look for one "standard" format. You need to support a
variety of formats--the ones people *already use* for such files.

Proposed answer: implement file content inheritance.

That could mean lots of things. I can't tell whether you're talking
about the idea that won't work, or some other idea that might work.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans