    SubjectRe: I discussed reading directories as files with jra, Stallman, and loic
        Proposed answer: have the concatenation contain separators.  rdf (not
    rich document format, but some XML replacement also called rdf) was
    suggested by Loic@ceic.com as the standard for the separators.

    If you want to support using this feature for existing files, it is a
    mistake to look for one "standard" format. You need to support a
    variety of formats--the ones people *already use* for such files.

    Proposed answer: implement file content inheritance.

    That could mean lots of things. I can't tell whether you're talking
    about the idea that won't work, or some other idea that might work.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.051 / U:29.416 seconds]