    SubjectRe: I discussed reading directories as files with jra, Stallman, and loic
        Proposed answer: have the concatenation contain separators.  rdf (not
    rich document format, but some XML replacement also called rdf) was
    suggested by as the standard for the separators.

    If you want to support using this feature for existing files, it is a
    mistake to look for one "standard" format. You need to support a
    variety of formats--the ones people *already use* for such files.

    Proposed answer: implement file content inheritance.

    That could mean lots of things. I can't tell whether you're talking
    about the idea that won't work, or some other idea that might work.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.019 / U:11.028 seconds]