    SubjectRe: [patch] TCP/IP delacks disabled with MPI
    Date
    Hello!

    > The sync code uses dev_queue_xmit() to queue the keepalive and link setup
    > frames for PPP and Cisco HDLC. So setting dev->tbusy when the link goes down
    > means it will never come back as the link setup will never be allowed to occur

    Really? It is dubius idea. If keepalives will be lost,
    link will fail. And they will be lost, if share queue with data.

    No, Alan. I am ready to give up, but it is very dubiuos.
    dev_queue_xmit is used for data. It cannot be used before
    link setup is finished, because there is no link yet.

    I am sorry, but if CBQ is attached to the device, these
    guys who implemented keepalives in this manner risk to drop
    their control data to a blackhole or to police them to death.

    It is interesting also, how Cisco HDLC keepalives look in tcpdump 8)

    Alexey

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.019 / U:34.352 seconds]