    SubjectRe: [patch] TCP/IP delacks disabled with MPI
    Date
    Hello!

    > My first use for the 'new' semantics was going to be to add it to the
    > hostess_sv11 driver, and make diald automatically bring up the ISDN line when
    > the leased line goes down.

    Exactly. This approach is correct.

    I even may tell you how to make this correctly, it was not
    made only because nobody was interested in this during 2.1.

    Namely, dev->link_state is separate flag. When device feels that
    link state is down, it:
    - downs dev->link_state
    - ups dev->tbusy
    - broadcasts notification via netdev_chain
    (particularly, netlink catches it and notifies user level
    resetting IFF_RUNNING in the message, but not touching dev->flags.)

    up event is:
    - ups dev->link_state
    - downs dev->tbusy, mark_bh(NET_BH)
    - broadcasts notification via netdev_chain
    (particularly, netlink catches it and notifies user level)

    > I don't want diald bringing up the backup link because the leased line just
    > happens to be sending a packet when it checks.

    Parse error 8)

    Alexey

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.018 / U:29.708 seconds]