SubjectRe: Protol for Linux investigation
On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Niclas Anderberg wrote:

> Hi!
> I am currently investigating the availability and functionality
> of a number of protocols for Linux. Please let me know if they are
> available (in any form, even outside the standard linux kernel),
> and if they aren't in the standard kernel then please tell me where
> I can find them (if you can).
> Transport protocols:
> * Netware/IP
Netware IP? I.E. IPX/SPX? We do that one easily. It's a kernel option,
plus you have extra packages that give the full support.
> * Pure IP (Netware)
Pure IP? If you mean Netware 5's IP, it's just TCP/IP. I don't think linux
currently supports the extensions that Novell included, but it cann't be
far off

> * ipv6 (TCP/IP). Linux is supposed to have some support for ipv6, but
> in what state is the development right now?

IIRC, Ipv6 isn't finalized yet, and linux is closely following any

Thats all I know of. Ask others about the rest. Also, if I am incorrect on
any of these, I am sure someone will correct me (gently I hope!)