SubjectRe: Profanity in the Linux Kernel?!?!?
On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 01:39:22AM -0400, Horst von Brand wrote:
> Riley Williams <rhw@MemAlpha.CX> said:
> > Hi Rogier.

Oh dear lord.

> > > I'm sorry, but if someone wants to call himself names, then
> > > that's his full right. Don't you dare touch comments writen by
> > > Linus.
>
> > Did Linus write that comment? To me, it looks far more like a comment
> > added by somebody else to describe his/her opinion of Linus's tweaking
> > Wirzenius's code...

Oh who cares. When I found that comment I found it highly amusing.

> OK, but _who_ would dare write that about Our Great Leader? ;)

:)

> (In any case, Linus approved the text into the kernel, so at least he
> agrees)

Which means he can take the piss out of himself which in turn means he
gets a tad more respect from me. :)

All in all, to all those who feel the kernel should be sanitised... I hear
that the Australian Broadcasting Association is looking for new staff in
light of some recent legislation that passed through the sphinkter of the
Australian Parliament.

The ABA and the Australian Parliament are equal opportunity employers
as long as you're a god-fearing, paranoid funnymentalist christian.

(yes I am bored. why? :)

--
CaT (cat@zip.com.au) URL: http://zipper.zip.com.au/dev/null