    SubjectRe: XFS and journalling filesystems
    Date

    >==> Regarding Re: XFS and journalling filesystems; Jim Mostek <mostek@sgi.com> adds:
    >
    >mostek> added to it in recent months (like a new defag tool) which is not
    >
    >will this defrag tool (and any other user space maintainence tools) be
    >released along with the actual XFS source code?

    The defrag tool has code in the OS since it does a transaction.
    I don't see why we wouldn't release it with the rest of XFS. But,
    we haven't decided on the all the pieces that will be in the first release.
    I imagine it would be released at some point.

    Jim