Subject[OFFTOPIC] Searching for filesystem locator
I think it was on this list (it may have been on
comp.os.linux.development.system), but a few weeks ago (?) someone
posted a pointer to a tool which will search for things that look like
ext2fs filesystems. I've searched the l-k archives, my spool, and
dejanews, but evidently am picking my keywords wrong, as I can find
nothing.

Was it here that 'twas mentioned? If so, could some kind soul please
point me at it, as Disk Manager has run wild on one of my systems and
wrecked the partition table --- and it is after this that I find my
backup scripts are broken. (Sod/Finagle/Murphy's Law, of course.)

Hence I am one home directory down :( I've tried Carlos Puchol's psniff
but it found nothing whatsoever (which is decidedly odd).

*piteously* Anyone?

--
/* I hate C so much... */ --- jwz, in driver/xscreensaver.c