SubjectRe: Setting max user processes > 256
Anthony Barbachan wrote:

> The why is pretty simple, no kernel developer has seen an urgent need to
> do it. While having the system tuning options available within the make
> process would be nice an even better solution would be that system tuning
> parameters be changeable on the fly, without requiring a recompile nor a
> system reboot.

Then would it be possible to move them into the /proc system? Perhaps default
them to what they are now, have that default stable in the make process, then
have that variable be updatable from the /proc system during run time.

Now that would be slick :)

After that hot kernel updates would be a nice thing to have.

Unfortunately I haven't had my OS design class, so I'm just going to have to be
a cheerleader at the moment.

--
James Michael Keller | jmkeller@radix.net