SubjectRe: [OT] util-linux-2.9p
Ah, it seems I touched a sore spot, not to mention cans of worms.

Andrea Arcangeli:

> ... Then Michael claimed to be the maintainer.

He is the author, as you know since you added your name below his.
He is the maintainer, as you know since the revision history only
has his name and a few other util-linux people like janl and me.
It is a very bad habit to take over software without inquiring where
it comes from. Not only is it impolite, but it also leads to inefficiency
and splits. (As Werner remarked: now we have a tunelp that is willing
to talk German, French and Brazilian, and we have a tunelp that knows
about the TRUSTIRQ ioctl - nobody is happy with such a split.)

Michael K. Johnson:

> It doesn't bother me to take tunelp out of util-linux
> (indeed, I suggested it some years ago based on the fact
> that I (yes, *I*) was maintaining it).

Must have been before the time I took over util-linux.
Anyway, I just took tunelp out of util-linux.
Do you have a URL I can mention?

johnsonm@redhat.com:

> No one ever, EVER, sent me a patch regarding the changes
> in the 2.2 kernel.

Yes, such bad habits these people have.
By pure coincidence I complained less than a week ago to these
rascals at RedHat - they never send me patch and motivation
regarding the changes they make in the stuff I maintain.
But of course one can expect better behaviour from Andrea.

Be happy - all of you
Andries

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.066 / U:0.164 seconds]