SubjectRe: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)
On Fri, 7 May 1999, Gerard Roudier wrote:

> > > Its on linuxtoday now and its probably only a matter of time
> > > before it hits slashdot... the full interview is at
> >
> > It was on slashdot a couple of days ago, and the commentary there was as
> > idiotic as one would expect. E.g., Thompson is bitter that Linux has
> > completely overshadowed Plan 9 and he can't accept that a 21 year old kid
> > did a better job with the Unix idea than Thompson was able to do with all
> > the power of AT&T behind him. (And that example is not even from some
> > random slashdot anonymous poster...it's from a well known Linux advocate).
> If number 9 means that the 8 previous Plans were bad Plans, we should
> suggest Ken to immediately give up his current Plan and start
> something like Plan 9999. ;-)

Plan 9, as in "Plan 9 from outer space" the movie by ed wood, possibly
the worst sci-fi film of all time.

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E