SubjectRe: [OT] util-linux-2.9p
Date

Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl writes:
>The rest of Andrea's changes are to print out that he is the maintainer
>of lp.c. Somewhat surprising, but if Michael Johnson has no objections
>and Andrea says he really wants, I'll take tunelp out of util-linux.

I never handed over maintenance of tunelp to anyone else. No one,
certainly not Andrea, ever asked me. No one ever, EVER, sent me a
patch regarding the changes in the 2.2 kernel. I complained to Andrea
about this some months ago and he got really huffy about it and basically
told me to go away and not bother him about it.

It doesn't bother me to take tunelp out of util-linux (indeed, I
suggested it some years ago based on the fact that I (yes, *I*) was
maintaining it). It only bothers me that Andrea took it over in the
most impolite way possible -- doing so without contacting the
original author, and telling the original author where to go when
contacted about that impolite behavior.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz
Linux Application Development http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.037 / U:0.152 seconds]