    SubjectRe: [OT] SB Live! drivers released for Linux
    On Mon, 3 May 1999, phazer wrote:
    > To all those considering getting an SBLive, I'd strongly recommend
    > going for a card based on the Trident 4dWave-NX chipset
    > ( makes and sells one). It's a really sweet chipset,
    > and Trident released GPL kernel drivers for it (which will ship with
    > the next version of the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture). It has
    > 4-speaker support, good 3d positional audio, all operations are done
    > internally in 24 bit/48khz, S/PDIF digital output, etc.

    S/PDIF and MPU are not usable until Trident updates the documentation.
    Description of registers MPUR0-MPUR3 (MPU) and I2SR (probably S/PDIF) are

    It does do streaming audio well enough, and has reasonably clean analogue
    output. The ALSA drivers work well with my Hoontech 4DWave-NX.

    It is unknown at this time whether the S/PDIF is capable of 1:1 output.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.023 / U:15.284 seconds]