Subjectfile descriptor limits
Hi,
We are running some tests on some web servers here. Some real busy fellows
(about 250 ESTABLISHED connects on average) the problem lies when we get
real heavy traffic, about 500 to 600 connects. We are running zeus web
server on a linux-2.2.6 pII 300 with ultra scsi 10000 rpm cheetah
drives,3c0m 905b-100mb. The problem is Zeus does not fork like apache does.
So the process runs out of file handles when the number of connections
shoots up. Except for the file handle problem (which makes zeus kind of
unstable) zeus is a fine product. I would take the "pepsi challenge"
against any web server. Now I could take the easy hack and just bind
another ip and run another instance of zeus. I would like to try and raise
the open file limits for the process. I have read instances of doing this
and would like to know the safest method/settings for doing this. Thanks
jpd

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.035 / U:0.048 seconds]