    SubjectRe: fork() Problem?
    In message <3730A14B.C8A21437@zerg.com>, "Forever shall I be." writes:
    +-----
    | Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is any order
    | that fork is required to run in, and on SMP machines you're most
    | definately asking for trouble if you assume one runs before the
    | other...
    +--->8

    One would think so. Then again, I recall release notes for a certain RDBMS
    which noted that changes had been made to fix a bug because the order had
    changed on one OS....

    --
    brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
    system administrator [WAY too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu