    SubjectRe: fork() Problem?
    In message <>, "Forever shall I be." writes:
    | Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is any order
    | that fork is required to run in, and on SMP machines you're most
    | definately asking for trouble if you assume one runs before the
    | other...

    One would think so. Then again, I recall release notes for a certain RDBMS
    which noted that changes had been made to fix a bug because the order had
    changed on one OS....

    brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
    system administrator [WAY too many hats]
    carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering KF8NH

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.019 / U:8.700 seconds]