SubjectRE: Removable media bug
Date
	>> If you want to flush the blocks of a disk on a umount or a mount
you can do
>> so btw - there are ioctls for this.
>You cannot rely on the user to do something to protect the
integrity of
>his data, as he/she/it will simply forget.

To me, this is the critical point in the whole debate - as long as fstab has
the "user" option, and programs like KDE let you mount and umount a volume
by clicking on it, we can't expect very much from the user.

Perhaps the mount and umount commands should do the flushing work here, so
as not to get in the way of the opimisations of mtools.

Nick Brown, Strasbourg, France (Nick(dot)Brown(at)coe(dot)int)