SubjectRe: [OT] SB Live! drivers released for Linux
> If you interest in some real _music_ & sound-card, I
> recomend Yamaha WF192XG (http://www.waveforce.com/).

Hmm.. nice cheap card but that's exactly what it is.. cheap.
It uses totally software wavetable, uses more CPU than the MX300 and the SB
Live (especially when compared to SB Live), doesn't have a plug for rear
speakers, A3d emulation is good but EAX is shoddy at best. At least, this is
what the card does under Windows, I don't have experience with the linux
drivers for it.

> PCI, HW 64 notes polyphony & other things like any other XG
> music instrument (3 effect processors, 676 music instrument
> voices, 21 drum kits, ...) - its better, than MU-50.
> Driver: see http://www.opensound.com/

It does do Midi very well.. I must admit.

--
Which is worse, ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer