SubjectRe: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)
On Tue, 4 May 1999, Mark Lord wrote:

>Wojtek Pilorz wrote:
>> So my understanding is that his opinions are based on reading Linux source
>> code, rather than looking at any badly configured Linux system.
>And from that a comparism is drawn against WinNT,
>for which he has not been able to read any source code.. ?!?!?!

Not to tell that I never had access to any IEEE or POSIX specs. Not to
tell that I never had access to the sources of his unix.

It would be nice if he could tell me what is not been well designed in
Linux so I could start working to fix it.

Obviously I suppose he is not talking about some device driver.

Andrea Arcangeli