SubjectRe: Announce: x86 performance-monitoring counters support
Mikael Pettersson writes:
> x86 Performance-Monitoring Counters
> ===================================
> [Richard Gooch' Model-Specific Registers patch includes a
> driver for accessing the PMCs. However, his driver is not
> integrated with Linux' process management and does not support
> "virtual-mode" PMCs. Since I really need virtual PMCs, I wrote
> this package instead.]

I note that your driver doesn't handle SMP, which mine does. I've got
plans for adding virtual PMCs, as stated in the documentation for my
driver. Also you haven't supported the rdpmc instruction on P5.

So why did you write a whole new package rather than trying to merge
in virtual PMC support into my driver?

Regards,

Richard....

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.039 / U:0.036 seconds]