SubjectRE: XFS and journalling filesystems
On Sat, 29 May 1999, Vilain, Sam wrote:

> In summary, I guess it is important that the filesystem not only performs at
> incredible speeds on high end SMP, but also it's best and average case
> performance on limited memory and IO machines is also good.

Is it essential that the smaller systems (ie. palm tops, perhaps even the
"home" user) utilize a journalling filesystem? Sure, they could take
advantage of the benefits, but is the additional use of resources worth
it? Although it'd add to the confusion, perhaps having two filesystem
choices wouldn't be an overly bad idea?

Mike Frisch Email:
Northstar Technologies WWW:
Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA