SubjectRe: schedule() "spaghetti" in 2.3.2 ..
Hi,

On Wed, 26 May 1999 17:28:56 +0200, Andi Kleen <ak@muc.de> said:

> For the processes not lucky enough to only require a single
> socket/file/whatever there is currently no way to get wake-one semantics
> over poll/select. All processes polling have to be woken up, although only
> one will finally accept.

> wake-one for poll per default would break too many programs, but perhaps
> it can be done with a file flag (like O_NONBLOCK - O_WAKEONE). What do you
> think?

That still doesn't fix things entirely, since a new thread/process
entering poll() will still see that fd flagged as pending IO, so you may
still end up processing it multiple times. Queued SIGIO completion
signals on connections might do it, once we get CLONE_SIGNALS working.

--Stephen

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.548 / U:0.156 seconds]