SubjectRe: [OT] SB Live! drivers released for Linux
On 3 May 1999, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Aaron Tiensivu <> said:
> >I haven't downloaded them yet but I just got the news.
> >
> Too bad they only released binary modules (and not even for the latest
> stable kernel release, and only non-SMP). I wish there was a solid PCI
> wavetable soundcard with an open source driver for Linux available
> (someone PLEASE correct me if there is).

Of course someone could just cleanroom reverse engineer the binary driver
and derive an open source one from it.

FWIW there IS a PCI wavetable card with opensource. The Trident 4dwave-NX
based cards, and the ALSA driver.

I just got my card today >BD