SubjectCD or iso9660 buglet?
Hi there.

There appears to be a buglet either in the ATAPI CD driver or in the
iso9660 file system code. Perhaps somebody better placed than I can
check this out...

The situation is that a CD that I created on my CD-RW drive, where all
files can be read fine under Win95, loses some files under RedHat 6.0
and the 2.2.5-15 kernel supplied with it.

The files in question are those right at the end of the CD, so I
suspect a problem connected with the read-ahead system, along the
lines of it's trying to read beyond the end of the CD, and when it
can't, it also fails to return the last few blocks on the CD itself,
thus producing apparently corrupted files.

Comments, anybody?

Best wishes from Riley.