SubjectRe: SGI's XFS DONATED AS OPEN SOURCE!!!!!!!!!
Pavel Machek wrote:

> BTW I would say hooray at the time someone makes it working with
> Linux. Having filesystem is nice, but integrating XFS into linux may
> be well more work than writing journaling filesystem from scratch. (Or
> maybe SGI is going to do work for us?) There are some non-trivial
> issues buffer cache.

Hmmm, I guess that wasn't made clear - we are working on getting XFS
functioning in Linux ourselves, but some help would probably be
appreciated.
The thing we have to get done first is to produce an unencumbered
version
of the source - i.e. one which does not include code copyrighted by
people
other than SGI. After that hopefully other people can jump in.

Steve Lord (XFS developer)