    SubjectRe: TTY_FLIPBUF_SIZE too low causing dataloss on too fast serial lines?

    > I tried implementing 1Mbit irda driver as a tty (same as serials
    > are). I _think_ I've hit the limit of TTY_FLIPBUF_SIZE. Is it
    > possible? I assume flipbufs are flushed every 10ms or so (am I right?);
    > in such case situation is pretty bad: that means 50K/sec max and
    > modern serial ports can do up-to twice as much. From reading sources I
    > _think_ that TTY_FLIPBUF_SIZE can not be easily increased....
    > Nope, it can't be easily increased without making some relatively major
    > changes to the tty driver. I've been meaning to do this so that the you
    > can use a bigger flip buffer size, where it's necesasry, though.
    > One question though is how is your irda driver grabbing the characters?
    > Is it grabbing them all at interrupt time, or is it polling like

    All at interrupt time. I wonder how do you solve this problem with
    serial ports: these days serials can be easily driven at speeds close
    to 1Mbit... (I'm talking about dumb on-board serials like NS PC87108).
    The best software in life is free (not shareware)! Pavel
    GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.032 / U:0.164 seconds]