    SubjectRe: XFS and journalling filesystems
    > You should be aware that the whole development model of Linux (and
    > open-source programs in general) is that someone gets pissed at the bad
    > availability or implementation of something, and goes ahead and writes
    > something better. In light of that, why would anyone ever think ext3 (or
    > whatever is in the works from other sides of the world) would be
    But since ext3 shall incorporate many of the features available in XFS, I vote to adopt XFS if it is released under a suitable license.

    > discontinued just because SGI contributes something ? Would all filesystem
    > development in the world stop if MS contributed a R/W NTFS implementation
    > ?
    Off course not, most vendors do not intentionally screw up a superior OS.

    The release of Windows 2000 has been delayed until Q2/1901.
    T h o m a s Z e h e t b a u e r ( TZ251 )
    PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.019 / U:14.668 seconds]