SubjectRe: Kernel 2.2.2 and NFS
"Tim (Pass the Prozac) Sailer" wrote:
..
> very confusing. Short comopiles writing to AIX/NFS are fine, but large
> operations (like compiling CVS source) result in corrupted object files,
> and linking fails with many errors. The same operation but on the Sun
> NFS mounts works fine, every time. I *know* I'm not the only one to see this.
> Is there anything we can do to make this work? We are sorta locked into
> the 2.2.2 kernel...
..

If you are not already using knfs (rather than the orignal userland NFS)
then switch to the knfs stuff. I had severe, reproduceable corruption
with userland NFS, but it seemed to go away with the knfs stuff.

To test for problems with either version, it is best done
with a single machine. Just export to yourself, and try it out,
especially with large amounts of data.

The connection is way faster than any network, and exposes all
sorts of interesting races.

Not using NFS at the moment here.
--
mlord@pobox.com