SubjectRe: access to proc filesystem from chrooted process
Hi Jeremy

On 19 May I wrote to the mailing list in general:
> There is a suggestion in the kernel sources that a chrooted process should only
> be able to see processes that have the same root or that have a more restricted
> root.
>
> The comment is in the source for fs/proc/inode.c:
>
> http://lxr.linux.no/source/fs/proc/inode.c?v=2.3.3#L161
>
> 169 * XXX TODO: use the dentry mechanism to make off-limits procs simply
> 170 * invisible rather than denied? Does each namespace root get its own
> 171 * dentry tree?
>
> I wondered if anyone has done this, and whether there are plans to include
> this in the main source tree.

Looking again at the source, I see that this useful comment seems to have come
from you. So I wondered whether you had done anything along these lines or know
of anyone who has?

Best wishes
Peri Hankey

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.037 / U:0.444 seconds]