    SubjectNew kernel features - How?

    I have a few (a lot of... ;]) questions mainly concerning new kernel
    features: (I use 2.3.3ac2 now.)

    1.) Is there some FB support for ET6100? 60Hz VESA modes are very bad to
    the eye... :(
    2.) How I can load my own font table for console when using FB? (I must
    use a font with some mapping to have my national chars as well as the
    border chars in place, and because of the 9th pixel the border chars
    have to be for the VGA card in a fixed position, where for the linux
    side the charcodes for the national chars are. I have this font and
    map file, but how do I load them under FB?)
    3.) How do I tell the FB subsystem, that I have another videocard too?
    (/sbin/lspci reports:
    00:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1370 [AudioPCI]
    00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: Tseng Labs Inc ET6000 (rev 70)
    00:0f.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. ViRGE/DX or /GX (rev 01)
    00:11.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt848 (rev 12)
    I would like to watch TV on the other board with fbtv, while using
    the first as the console.)
    4.) What PCI 10/100 ethernet card has the best support in the kernel?
    (least IRQ times, least CPU work, etc.)
    5.) How can I use my USB mouse? (I have a Logitech MouseMan Wheel USB with
    a USB-to-PS/2 converter, and can use it on the ps2 port, but the plub
    with the converter is rather long, and so the physical connections is
    somewhat loose, so sometimes I find myself with my mouse unplugged...
    direct USB would solve this)
    6.) Are the any projects towards making a config like my two videocards,
    two keyboards and two mice on some of the 2Serial,2USB,2PS/2 ports
    usable as two text/graphical consoles for one machine?
    7.) Is there any radio support for the FM radio on the add-on board which
    adds the Pro in Miro PCTV Pro? (this addons has (I think) the sound
    decoder MSP34xx for stereo & stuff, too)
    7.) What was that new link for LinuxHQ? :)

    If you don't have answers for every questions, please, at least point me
    to some source of informations, so that I can possibily hack in what I
    need... ;)

    Thanks for readin it this far.

    -- SaPE

    Peter Sasi <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.032 / U:2.748 seconds]