SubjectRe: HiNT CS8011/CS8012 (was lost hda irq rwt to 2.2.X)
On Fri, 21 May 1999, el mono wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, Andre M. Hedrick wrote:
>
> I don't know if you have receveided my other replys i'm having some
> trouble 'cause many servers don't accept my mail since i'm using the
> sendmail in my home computer and it doesn't have a registered domain name.

Skip sending stuff to HiNT.
Disable IDE-PCI options in the compile option.
The chipset is such a kludge, I can not answer the problem.

> I don't know what you mean with CS8011/CS8012 maybe you're talking about
> what you suppouse is my IDE chipset but i dink that my chip is a HOLTEK
> HT65521R i'm not shure i just saw a chip with that name in my mainboard
> and since you have a controler for the HOLTEK HT6560B i say "that must be
> the IDE chip" maybe it doesn't.

Nope, the kernel does not lie about vender/device/class ID codes.

>> PCI_IDE: unknown IDE controller on PCI bus 00 device 2a, VID=3388, DID=8013
>> PCI_IDE: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later

> Please, if you have some news about this problem let me know. My "linux
> life" has become a hell since this bug came out a few months ago when i
> upgrade to 2.2 and seems that get back to 2.0 isn't any help because now
> it
> is also hanging, with other message, but by the same reason.

2.0.X does not know about many IDE-chipsets, thus do not set this option
and it should correct your problem.

Generic PCI IDE chipset support CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEPCI

> I was using linux since almost a year before upgrade to 2.2 and never have
> any problem with the IDE controler.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.039 / U:0.984 seconds]