SubjectRe: [patch] TCP/IP delacks disabled with MPI
   Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 12:05:02 -0400
From: Josip Loncaric <josip@icase.edu>

Linux TCP estimates of RTO are kept 200ms or longer, although for
us 20ms is more

Note, we clamp the RTO's so that we don't run into problems with BSD
stacks. If you allow them to be smaller than the smallest timeout
length in TCP timers under BSD you get real funnies without some
clever hacks.

I'm not saying this is whats happening here.

BTW, if all of your analysis is second hand, can the person who does
"know" that we are broken elaborate his analysis here so I can fix the
problem? I believe we are doing delayed ACK and cwnd advancement
correctly.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.108 / U:0.060 seconds]