    SubjectRe: [patch] TCP/IP delacks disabled with MPI
    On Fri, 21 May 1999, David S. Miller wrote:

    > Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 19:56:29 +0200 (CEST)
    > From: Andrea Arcangeli <>
    > Right now the low bound is the RTO that is lowbound to 200msec
    > itself. If you decrease the lowbound of the rto then also the ato
    > will decrease.
    >And unless you come up with some clever idea, if you implement
    >decreasing the RTO lower bound you will crap out completely with all
    >BSD'like TCP stacks where this is the smallest resolution of their TCP
    >timers. Read the commentary in tcp_input.c about "HZ/5" etc.

    I see the problem with BSD stacks in decreasing the low-bound of the RTO.
    I agree with Josip that 200msec is an high number. But really I am not too
    much worried about the RTO lowbound since the fast-retrans should avoid me
    to lose performances even if the rto timeout won't expire very shortly.

    My point is that the BSD issue has _nothing_ to do with the low-bound of
    the linux-_ato_ (that right now as side effect of the rto-lowbound is
    forced to be lowbound to 200msec too).

    Andrea Arcangeli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.020 / U:8.968 seconds]