    SubjectIs this the correct list for NFS probs (2.2.x kernels) ?
    hi-

    Several of us are seeing subtle problems with the NFS system under
    2.2.x.

    Since the NFS stuff was moved into kernel-space, there has been a
    significant increase in tasks freezing due to NFS being device-locked.
    This can be easily reproduced by mounting a remote system, then shutting
    down that remote system without unmounting it.

    Shell sessions attempting to access directories on the shut-down
    machine lock-up solid (device-locked), and they cannot be killed by any
    means. Back when NFS was user-space we could at least kill, then
    restart these errant sessions.

    If curious, we are using 2.2.9 on x86 arch.

    Thanks-

    ron