Subjectfile caching - how to always cache one file

Hello there.

I have a server here with one large database file that I would like to
always be read cached, even if it isn't accessed for awhile..

Is there any way to make a list of files for Linux' file cache to pay
particular attention to? This file is about 200 megabytes and the
server has around 500 megabytes of ram.

It would probably be ideal to just have this file's access time set to
-1 (meaning as far into the future as possible). This should cause
the cache mechanism to give it the preferential treatment I am looking
for. Unfortunately, the caching is probably per-inode or per block
which will make it more difficult...

Thanks,
Mark

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.033 / U:2.980 seconds]