SubjectRe: K6 and mtrr support
"W. Michael Petullo" wrote:
> I was wondering what the hold up is on merging the K6 mtrr support in the
> ac kernel series with the mainstream kernel sources? This feature has
> been in the ac kernels for a while, but it does not appear to be in
> the mainstream as of 2.2.7. Anybody know when this will happen?
> --
> W. Michael Petullo

Let me add my cry to the clamor. It works, it doesn't cause my K6 to
crash; I've experience no oopses with it. In short my computer runs
just as well as, if not better than, it did before. It's just a matter
of applying the patch, as far as I can tell. So is there a reason why
Linus continues to put it off?

Matthew Vanecek
Course of Study:
Visit my Website at
For answers type: perl -e 'print
except me. I'm always getting in the way of something...