    SubjectRe: vgafb and old BIOSs
    Hi Simon.

    >>> Anyways, the question was how I could get a simple fb device
    >>> up and running on a machine with a BIOS that is not VESA 2.0
    >>> compliant. It needs to have 1280x1024 in 16 bit, noone should
    >>> ever change resolution, depth or something. Is there some
    >>> driver/patch/... that could do this?

    >> You don't say which video card. I have a patch that will do this
    >> for S3 cards which have only a VESA 1.2 BIOS.

    > This sounds extraordinarily great, if it works for S3V/VX as
    > well, I'll be buying it... :-)

    My system has a 4M S3-ViRGE/DX in it, and it runs at 1024x768x24 using
    the S3V driver. It would run at 1280x1024x24 except for the fact that
    my monitor doesn't support the necessary sync rates, there's no driver
    problem stopping that...

    Best wishes from Riley.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.021 / U:15.720 seconds]