SubjectRe: DVD-ram patch.
From
On 4 May 1999, in message <Pine.LNX.4.10.9905031550540.12658-100000@sasami.anime.net>
Dan Hollis <goemon@sasami.anime.net> wrote:
| On Mon, 3 May 1999, Rogier Wolff wrote:
| > However I would like to write to the device, as 2.5G of removeable
| > writable disk space is not insignificant.... ;-)
| > The trick that I grabbed off the net was to "ghost" the drive
| > into a MO-device and a "cdrom drive". This way I seem to be able
| > to write and to use it as a CDROM.
| It should show itself as 2 LUNs. The first LUN will be CDROM, the second
| LUN will be a scsi drive. There should be a jumper for this. This is the
| same as PD-drives.

Hmm. I, too, would have liked these drives to show as two LUNs.
My Creative DVD-RAM does not.

I am using a patch of similar type to Rogier's, which I presume is likewise
descended from the Japanese MO patch. His is much nicer than mine and seems
to cover the Creative, so I will soon take to using his.

Anyway, the upshot is that the Creative, at least, does not ship in a config
which shows is as two LUNs. I believe (but have no proof yet) that the Creative drive is a rebadged Panasonic LD-101F(?). I'd love it to show as two LUNs!
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743 cs@zip.com.au http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Questions are a burden to others,
Answers, a prison for oneself.