SubjectRe: APM-related crashes + ext2 instability
Hi!

> My Olivetti laptop has undergone two scary crashes lately. The sequence
> seems to be:
> 1. APM standby (suspend to disk works)
> 2. After coming back, the keyboard doesn't work anymore (though the mouse
> still moves, which indicates X and gpm are still alive)
> 3. I can't reboot so I power-cycle the machine (I'll set up gpm to use its
> "special command" feature someday, to be able to reboot with the mouse)
> 4. After rebooting, fsck gives me errors in some essential part of the
> system (the time before it was libc, now it is /bin/rm and
> /bin/ls).

Strange. ext2 does not usually corrupt files it does not write
to. I.e. it is something more than powercycle - I can not imagine how
simple powercycle could corrupt file you did not write into.

Pavel
--
I'm really pavel@ucw.cz. Look at http://195.113.31.123/~pavel. Pavel