SubjectRe: Clear reboot?
> I saw some solution for this problem using a magic network packet.
> It was still working as long the NICs were still receiving packets
> and sending up the stack.

Danger Will' Robinson!

If this wasn't done correctly, within a day or so something would
appear on bugtraq on how to remotely reboot linux boxes. Effective
DoS or whatever. True, you could load a password via sysctl, but many
people wouldn't. I just don't think this is such a great idea...

Oh, btw, technically you wouldn't need to pass it up the stack all
that far, perhaps not at all, depending on how many heroics you want
to put into the drivers themselves.

-cw

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.948 / U:0.032 seconds]