    SubjectMake packets to localhost go through external loopback
    Hi!

    I'm trying to develop driver for network card. As I've only one
    computer (but two cards ;-) available, I'd like trafic for localhost
    to go through external link.

    I know this has been here before. Alan's response was that it is only
    good for testing. There was even patch around. Does anyone remember
    what needs to be patched?

    Pavel
    PS: Alan, I still think that (according to principle of least
    surprise) we should route packets to localhost using external network
    if user attempts to do that. It is really usefull for testing...
    --
    I'm really pavel@ucw.cz. Look at http://195.113.31.123/~pavel. Pavel