SubjectRe: sendmsg() arguments
Date
Hello!

> The only problem I have with that, is that msg_name=NULL was used in
> some my program to indicate that there is no name,

Let's continue the analogy. Do you find useful to supply
NULL buffer to write() and some not-zero length?
I do not. And I see no differences between data buffer,
address buffer and ancillary data buffer and no reasons
to introduce code lines considering unnatural special cases.

> > BTW some time ago recvfrom() behaved in the same manner,
> > but broken way appeared to be described as valid in UNIX98,
> > so that it was changed.
>
> Maybe for consistency sake, sendmsg() can be made to match this?

Maybe, yes. Though, to be honest, it is rather recvfrom()/sendto()
should be fixed to be self-consistent 8)

BTW for beginning fix your program. 8)

Alexey

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans