    SubjectRe: sendmsg() arguments

    > The only problem I have with that, is that msg_name=NULL was used in
    > some my program to indicate that there is no name,

    Let's continue the analogy. Do you find useful to supply
    NULL buffer to write() and some not-zero length?
    I do not. And I see no differences between data buffer,
    address buffer and ancillary data buffer and no reasons
    to introduce code lines considering unnatural special cases.

    > > BTW some time ago recvfrom() behaved in the same manner,
    > > but broken way appeared to be described as valid in UNIX98,
    > > so that it was changed.
    > Maybe for consistency sake, sendmsg() can be made to match this?

    Maybe, yes. Though, to be honest, it is rather recvfrom()/sendto()
    should be fixed to be self-consistent 8)

    BTW for beginning fix your program. 8)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.018 / U:20.760 seconds]