SubjectRe: Deletion of big files...

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Methink this scheme might work. The main problem here being that we should
> > deal with quotas in process. So looks like requests should contain the
> > information on owner.
>
> Yes, I thought about something like that.. But ... is it worth the
> effort?

Hell knows. I can see one thing where it would be a clear win - if we are
deep down on free blocks we will be better off taking them from the queue
instead of searching through bitmaps. This would require a bit different
eater on the blocks queue (different behaviour when fs is low on free
space; instead of marking blocks free put them into the small cache
where they can be found fast; finding free block would involve checking
the cache if we are low on free blocks).

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.086 / U:4.120 seconds]