    SubjectLinux is good!
    Hi Sylvia.

    > I mean a feature-rich, stable, quite light, not-too-complicated
    > OS (hell, my Internet gateway (OK, small network) runs on a
    > DX2/80!) with lots of great applications, not to mention the
    > community itself.

    On a network I recently set up for an impoverished school, there are
    the following Linux systems:

    1. 386dx/40 with 2x130M hard drive and 16M of RAM which is acting
    as a firewall blocking access to the school's administration
    computers from the computers the school's pupils use.

    2. 486sx/33 with 4.3G hard drive and 80M of RAM which is acting as
    the gateway to the outside world, and also as a bridging firewall
    linking the school's inter-office network to the computing dept
    network. This machine is also running squid as a cacheing web
    proxy for the whole school, and sendmail as the school's email

    3. 486dx/25 with 3x6.4G hard drives, a 24xCD drive and 128M of RAM
    which is acting as the school's file server.

    Personally, I don't believe any of those could even run NT, never mind
    serve their designated purposes...

    My verdict: LONG LIVE LINU[SX]

    Best wishes from Riley.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.021 / U:1.192 seconds]