SubjectRe: Organization: How Kernel is relased
Hi.

> I'm curious about how kernel is contributed...

Follow the following procedure:

1. Develop a WORKING modification to the kernel.

2. Create a diff file between the version of the kernel one based
the modification on and the modified kernel.

3. Look up the relevant subsystem maintainer(s) in the MAINTAINERS
file included in every kernel tree. Theree may be mor than one
that is appropriate.

4. Email the diff file generated in step 2, together with an
explanation of what your modification does, to the maintainer
or maintainers identified in step 3, and optionally to relevant
linux mailing lists.

5. Cross your fingers and hope they both read and accept your patch.

You can stop when you reach this point.

> ...and who liberate the versions and patchs.

Linux Torvalds 'liberates' the official kernel versions and associated
patches, and various other people 'liberate' what are referred to as
pre-patches to enable people to check out various proposals before
they are committed to the official kernel tree. Of these, Alan Cox is
by far the best known.

Best wishes from Riley.